Saturday, January 20, 2018

My snow day reading list

It’s day one of the Winter Biannual Bibliothon 2018 and I'm already behind on my reading goal. I have already finished a novella and started reading the group book Otherworld. But since I've not a lot of time to read next week I wanted to get ahead of my reading. Hope to finish my goal of reading a book per challenge but if I can't do it I will just double up on some.
But enough about the reading challenges. Let's get started with the blog post challenge.

There are a lot of books I would read on a snow day because it's just the perfect weather for reading. Also I normally don't select my books by the weather outside so I have a lot of very different books on this list. So here it is:

My true love gave to me

I love to go outside when it's snowing because it's my favorite weather. I will do a snow angel or have a snowball fight or build a snowman. But if you go outside into the cold weather it's nice to warm yourself up in between. Maybe with a cup of tea and a good book. My true love gave to me from a bunch of different authors is the perfect book for this. Since it's a collection of shortstories you can just read one of them and then go back outside when you feel warm again without having to pause a novel.


The Selection

Winter is ball season where I live. The first book that came to mind when I think about parties with people in pretty dresses is The Selection by Kiera Cass. Also it's a very fast read so perfect for Winter Biannual Bibliothon ;)




Anna and the French Kiss

I think snow is very romantic as is Paris. Anna and the French Kiss is one of my favorite contemporaries of all time and I love the description of Paris in it. It's like being teleported to the city of love.



Love & Gelato

This book is a little bit strange for a snow day reading list because it plays in the summer and they eat ice cream which you normally don't do that often in winter. But if you have enough of winter and the snow it's nice to put your head in a book and dream about summer. I read this book in July but I think I would have liked it just as much on a snow day.




Twilight

I haven't recommended this book in a long time. Not because I don't love it anymore, on the contrary. I will always love Twilight. I just feel like everybody has already read it. But it came immediately to my mind because Bella is struggling a lot with snow and especially the slippery ice. (And who wouldn't love being caught by a sexy vampire on a snowy day)



Wanderlost

A lot of people are travelling south when it's snowing to avoid the cold. But if you don't have the opportunity to travel in the winter time you can always do it by reading a story about traveling. I always love to go to new places with book characters and one of my favorite travel stories is Wanderlost by Jen Malone. It's just a nice read to escape from especially stressful times :)


Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

This list wouldn't be complete without a Harry Potter book on it. Of course any Harry Potter book would do it. Also I think any time is a good time to reread Harry Potter but I just feel more like diving into this world on a snow day because I love it the most when it's winter time in Hogwarts. For me Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the most wintery, snowy book because of the winter ball. Also who can get cold while reading about getting burned by dragons ;D




That's it for my snow day reading list. Would you read any of them in the winter time or do you prefer different books. Comment down below! I would love to chat about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment